Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The rightest weekend I could have

Last weekend was long enough to my satisfaction and exactly as I craved for… craved apparently since ages. One would wonder what thrilling did I do… Nothing, I just spent time with some of my good-old best friends. Nothing beats just sitting on the windowsill and chatting. I had invited a friend to stay at my place over the weekend.

I managed to find the photo albums of our hostel days, we rolled down on floor laughing, looking at the old snaps. Remembered old common jokes & teased each other on stupid acts that we used to do in hostel. We went to college and visited the porch that we spent four years sitting on :). In PLs, (Preparatory leave) I used to study in college corridors, porches and lawns. Its so nice to visit those places where we spent most beautiful years of our life - lingering around, doing monkey business with our class-mates & lecturers… I saw the place where I was ragged & the place where I used to rag my juniors. Ohh, ragging reminds me of a colleague who worked in my dept for an year and freshly told me “U remember, the guy whom u ragged in college for an hour and made him jump to collect leaves of a tree, tats me!!!” (Oh God, why is the World is so small!!!)

Anyways, coming back to our topic… me and my friend (who just visited my place) were the most notorious in our hostel. We shared our memories of getting held for deeds that we didn’t actually do. One day our warden woke up & found her locked inside her room ha ha… and without any other thought, she caught me. (THOUGH IT WASN’T ME this time :)) I remember the warden always telling me “U know what Amita, whenever I see in your eyes I get worried about what mischief is she going to do now. You are so mischievous!” And I used to be like “Oh, am I?” ha ha ha

Ha… my friend and I forgot to talk about the day when I slapped a girl; I acted as if I was very heated and my friend pretended to mollify the angry me, ha ha. It became a big issue later. Wow, those days were fun and full of happening events!

Oho, again coming back to present… last weekend, we even went to Darshani and Durga. I was happy to see the uncle in Darshani still remembering that I used to have “extra strong coffee”. At times, I used to go to Darshani all alone to have that madrasi coffee.

We had coffee just walked a mile together. But it seems like an energizer very effectual and very much essential.

Whee, I am so happy…
Hey God, thanks for the beautiful concept that u created – friends!

3 Glosses (Comments):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ,
Really nice blog Amita. Yup thank god for friends :)..

8/30/2005 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ams, i cant tell u how much tht weekend mean to me, it was just what i needed ... thanks for always being there for me ... i wish poonam and madhu were there with us ... a toast to old days and our friendship ...

9/15/2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger ams said...

wow, it'll be a dream day when all of us will be together!

9/15/2005 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to my Blog Home-Page