Friday, August 05, 2005

Atom feeds and blogging

Hey, this is cool... I got this info from a friend’s blog.
Firstly, I liked the concept of XML feeds a lot… its too good. You don’t have to visit tens of websites for news updates, health updates and so on. Moreover u can mark all updates as ‘read’ and occasionally get rid of all feed pop-ups.
I find a gr8 scope here of convincing ‘potency of xml’ to a lay man.

Facing a POPy (Problem of plenty), I opted for a feed-reader from
source forge.

Another cool feature I discovered today is adding atom feeds from our blog to feed readers / browsers like firefox / sites like my yahoo. I always used to wonder that whenever a friend of mine adds a new post, I should come to know right away…

Just add /atom.xml to your feed-reader. Say for a feed to Suni’s blog I added
http://sunitathomas.blogspot.com/atom.xml
Voila!