Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cleaning up the house


Last weekend was the time slotted to clean up the house by throwing away old items. Hmm… here’s another difficult task. I had to convince my mom-in law to throw away all old ‘khandaani’ stuff, which was almost a perseverance test in itself!

Me: mom, I’ll throw this jar, looks very old and unused
Mom-in law: Nah… it’s such a useful thing
Me: when have we last used it?
Mom-in law: aammmmmmm (thinking)
Father-in law with a twinkle in his eyes: I remember, we used it some 5 years back
Me: what??? Ok, cool, I m throwing it off
Mom-in law: waittt. It’s needed whenever ur aunt-in law gives her special pickle (?)
Me: ahaan, and how often does this aunt give her “special pickle”?
Father-in law again helped: She’s already left India, ha ha!
Me: ohhhh! DONE! I’ve thrown it off!


This was just one incidence, here’s another one.

Me: dad, what do we do with these wires & the broken cordless phone?
Father-in law: heyyy u ladies don’t understand importance of such things
Me: Hello... plz explain the use of rusted wires
Father-in law: Ohh, they r rusted is it? Hmmm, ok, throw the wires but not the phone
Mom-in law came to rescue: Listen, u have kept this broken phone since years and occupied this space, let her throw it off
Father in law: I am going to make a wonderful thing out of its parts
Mom-in law again: you’ve been saying this from 2 years; I am fed up maintaining such useless things (screamed)
Me: Yes mom, I understand ur plight :)



Now the next incident was heart-breaking for me :( :( :(

Me: hey, what r u gonna do with this toy-gun, give it to ur cousin
Shan: no way! I want the gun
Me: WHAT??? Are you going to play with this gun?
Him: Not like James Bond off course!
Me: then what?
Him: I’ll make a target & practice shooting the bulls eye; And I am keeping it in my drawer, ok!
Me: CRAZY! :(


As they say: "Housekeeping ain't no joke." :)

7 Glosses (Comments):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amita,
That was a cute one. Yes its always difficult to purge stuff out.

By the way did you throw any of your stuff out??

8/09/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger ams said...

:)) I gave away my classic collection of shoes. Indeed!

8/10/2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger Aniket said...

Ask shantanu to call me, when he does some shooting with the Gun !

8/12/2005 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u guys!

8/12/2005 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://evlokfoj.com/tnco/tlbf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://otxgdxnj.com/wtaw/guag.html]Cool site[/url]

7/22/2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

7/22/2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://evlokfoj.com/tnco/tlbf.html | http://lytihdhp.com/apbr/rthn.html

7/22/2006 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to my Blog Home-Page