Monday, March 14, 2005

Thank You

Most of us have a habit of saying ‘Thank You’ to anyone who serves us in any way. Say a shop keeper or a Office-Boy. Some of us also criticize this habit saying ‘Good that you don’t thank your bed after getting up in morning, ha ha ha!’ Sounds funny to me too :).
Some of us also say that it is too formal to thank for obvious favors. I do not agree. People don’t have to do what they are doing.

I have a habit of saying ‘Thank you’ to Auto Rickshaw driver whenever I leave a rickshaw. Not all of them realize that I mean it. Day before yesterday, I hired an auto to take me home… and said ‘thank-you’ as usual. I was able to notice the smile on his face :).


Kindness pays! It made my day as well as his day!

5 Glosses (Comments):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thoughts. It makes somebody feel good and that can make your day too.

3/14/2005 5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thoughts. It makes somebody feel good and that can make your day too.

3/14/2005 5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly agree with you.. What do loose (let some people to think us as fool, don’t care abt that..) by saying 'thank you', but we get satisfaction of paying something more(at least in India) than what is expected and can see smile on someones elses face ... But one clause, dont be too formal with close friends...:))
-Prashant.

3/17/2005 1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amita,

Reading this blog made me remember a lesson that I learnt as a kid in my text book....

I was so inspired by the lesson in my english text book that I have had started thanking people with a smile on my face too...

Just a question? Do you watch Oprah too?
:) Keep writing

6/21/2005 7:30 AM  
Blogger ams said...

Hey (dear) anonymous...

Thanks for ur comment, but plz specify ur name :)
.. Oprah, I haven't seen any till date. Plan to see atleast once.

6/21/2005 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to my Blog Home-Page