Monday, March 12, 2007

Something good and something bad!

Let me talk about the bad part first…
Not more than a week than I came to US, I started experiencing some excruciating pain near my left-cheek. I thought it was a normal swelling due to extreme cold weather, but destiny was something else. Before coming here, everyone told me ‘stay away from dental issues’! After the visit to a local dentist, we figured out that my wisdom tooth is coming out towards my cheek-bone! Oh… that sounds bad!
Wow! What a timing to become wise! Anyway, I had to get the tooth out – first surgery of my life! Doctor told me that my mouth doesn’t open wide enough to extract the tooth easily (LOL). So I had to undergo this surgery with general anesthesia (‘go to sleep’ is what they call it here). Surgery went well… fortunately I had no pain after that. It’s been a week now and I can eat almost everything.

Okay, let’s talk about the good things now J
1. I got SSN (thank goodness!)
2. Shantanu and I got few project-offers in hand to choose from.
3. We had a wonderful weekend (it is worth writing another blog :))