Thursday, May 25, 2006

New term

I was looking for a site that would give me one word for set of words that I enter. Remember the way we used to have in school…. ‘Enter one word for following’ :)

Though I didn't get what I wanted, coincidently I came across an interesting phrase…
layoff lust (LAY.off lust) n.
The strong desire to be laid off from one's job.
A new term has entered the language: "layoff lust," the sudden desire to be sent away with a severance package, providing time at last to search for meaning and cultivate the soul.

Uh huh… Sometimes so true!

Ref: http://www.wordspy.com/words/layofflust.asp

Labels: ,

4 Glosses (Comments):

Blogger Makarand said...

very nice site, indeed !

5/30/2006 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ams, Perfect word for our recent e-mail conversation, right?
-Poonam

6/05/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger ams said...

Hmmmm!

6/06/2006 12:53 AM  
Blogger Mukta A said...

wow, i didnt know this phrase! :)

6/16/2006 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Back to my Blog Home-Page