Thursday, March 08, 2007

long time!

It has been a long time … I was waiting for things to get settled down. Last few months have been 'no-so-good'... dull work, too many things to plan, excitement to see the plans being materialized... meeting all near and dear ones, preparing for relocation and what not!

Now having some time in hand... I have too many things to write about :)
lemme start with 'my first few days in US'…

My hubby and I were excited to see US for the first time! I always said that I love UK :). But I have to be unbiased since I have to stay here for couple of years!

Though I was psychologically prepared to see snow all-over and bear the cold out here (Chicago), I am kinda bored to see the color-less life …. Everything is white – roads, roofs, houses, walls and the sky – even in the night! Believe me, there are no “dark nights” here; if you see out of the window… you’ll see a bright surrounding outside. Streetlights get a huge reflection from the snow on the road and surprisingly sky is also white!


Check out the snaps on
flickr.

First few days were relaxing in good words and unexciting in other words LOL. We stayed at home due to bad weather conditions and continuous snow fall…. Everytime I peeked out of the window… saw the same scene

No need to mention about the things which were contrary from those in India… traffic rules, electric switches … getting used to all these slowly. I am just waiting to get a car and be independent! Long way to go…. SSN bhi nahi aaya abhi tak!